Search This Blog

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Padang Padang (Day 2)


Today was my journal and blog catch up day. We didn’t really get up until about 9:00 and went for breakfast a couple doors down. It was pancakes and fruit for breaky and it was very tasty. The pancakes were more like crepes: Mel had them with chunks of banana cooked in them and then peanut butter on top, and I had pineapple in mine with chocolate on top. I think we will probably go there tomorrow for breakfast as well. We then came back to the room and got some Internet time in before hailing a driver and heading to a grocery store to get some supplies. The drive there and back cost us Rp. 120,000 and the driver waited for us while we shopped. We got some fruit, cookies, water, a knife, mosquito repellent, and some Strepsils (which taste like Halls and I hate Halls) because my throat has been bothering me a little bit. The driver’s name is Are (Ah-Ree) and we arranged with him to take us on a tour of the island tomorrow for Rp. 500,000. After relaxing in the room for a little bit we decided to head down to the beach and get some sun. It was so hot out! At the beach we rented an umbrella and with the slight breeze off the water it became the perfect temperature in the shade. Mel did a bit of tanning outside of the umbrella’s shade but I think I will burn if I try so I’m going to avoid tanning. I have already gained quite a few freckles since being here; well my already there freckles are getting darker. The tide was starting to come in when we got there and at one point when we went swimming a larger wave soaked our towels. Thankfully my backpack seems to be waterproof because nothing in there got wet. We got back to the Inn and there was someone in our room trying to fix the TV, unfortunately they were unsuccessful. Not too long after Rhys, Mel’s friend from Australia showed up and chatted for a while. We’re going to go to a restaurant called the Shark Fin with him tonight for dinner.
Well for now that is as caught up as I can get. Other than telling you that we currently have a guy who is not a mechanic but is trying to fix the light bulb above my bed, we’ll see how he does.


We went for dinner with Rhys and his sister Savanah but instead of going to the Shark Fin in Uluwatu, we stopped at a place called YeYe's. The restaurant had a open concept with the building part having no walls but a roof and then there was a patio that you could sit at as well. We sat on the patio to start but it started to sprinkle and the waiters asked us to move inside. They can tell when its about to pour down rain and this was one of those times. Dinner went really well, Rhys and Savanah were a lot of fun, and the prices were decent.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! the adventure continues! i don't like hearing about the crazy drives though. Glad to see some pictures. Sounds like the weather is better down South. Are you going to stay put for a few days and enjoy it? How is the budget doing??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel and Brit, You seem to be having a REAL adventure! But are you staying in one place for very long? Sounds like you are meeting lots of people. I'm enjoying your blog and have sent it to Tootsie. Have fun and be safe! Love and hugs,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like fun! who is beegmarie??!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beegeemarie is B G Marie. I did my initials with my middle name at the end. I just liked the sound of it. :D We're still working on our budgeting but its not too bad. I really like Padang Padang, its really laid back but theres not much to do here either than go to the beach so we are heading for Ubud tomorrow. Just a couple days there and than on to another beach town.

    ReplyDelete