Search This Blog

Thursday, November 21, 2013

New Adventure!!

Today I left to start a new job in Tampa, Florida, working for Starboard Cruise Services onboard Royals Caribbean's Brilliance of the Seas.

This is my new adventure!

After tearful goodbyes yesterday I managed to get myself to Vancouver without incident, and had a lovely dinner with some friends before going to my hotel room to re-pack my bag and prepare myself for the 5:00AM wake-up that was to come.

I did end up sleeping in but I was up and ready to go to Vancouver International Airport (YVR) in time for my flight. Everything was going smoothly until I got into Dallas-Fort Worth Airport (DFW). Due to my Seattle flight being so full I volunteered to check my luggage, thinking I'd be a nice person, not thinking about how it would affect my connecting flight, and that was when the issues started. Our flight was also re-routed in the air due to weather and therefore late arriving at DFW, the connecting flight's gate number changed three times, and my connecting flight out of DFW to Tampa was an hour and a half late.
To top it all off the airline lost the bag I offered to check to make it easier on everyone else. Hopefully the airline is able to get my bag here by tomorrow, otherwise I won't see it until next week...maybe.

Since we didn't arrive in Tampa until almost 1:00AM there was no shuttle service to my hotel so I had to pay for a taxi, a cost I was not planning on having.

So now I am sitting in my hotel room, about to turn off the light and get some shut eye before I have to check out tomorrow morning and move to a new hotel that the company is putting me up in. Yet another taxi for me to pay for, yeah!

This has been quite a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment