Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2012

Ubud

So after eating some Pringles for dinner, since that was all that didn't upset my stomach, I spent the night with the shakes and once again threw up. I actually had to wake Mel up because I was feeling like I was going to pass out. She tried to go to the front desk and see if there was anyone around to point us to a doctor but everyone had gone to bed already. I have never felt like that before and I was really starting to freak out.

In the morning Mel went to the front desk and found out where a doctor was. Luckily there was one just up the road. He took some tests and two hours later he diagnosed me with Salmonella. When I first walked in and was waiting for the doctor, the nurse actually freaked me out more by telling me that I had blood poisoning without going into detail. He prescribed about 7 different pills that I had to take multiple times a day.

Our full day in Ubud was spent doing some shopping, sleeping, and getting treatments at a local spa. I got a sunburn treatment: they put crushed cucumber all over and let it sit and then you wash it off in a flower petal bath. I did not enjoy it. The cucumbers smelt like they were starting to go and felt very gritty, and the flowers in the bath had obviously not been cleaned because there was dirt in the bottom of the tub. All-in-all not the best experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment